SMX Davao Convention Center: Davao’s MICE Destination
[dropcap]T[/dropcap]he opening of SMX Davao has paved way for Davao City to become a legitimate contender to host big events.
The Philippines’ second SMX Convention Center opened to the public in September 2012, but has already booked notable events such as the 4th Davao Trade Expo in October, Investment Conference in November, Integrated Bar of the Philippines in January and Meeting, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions in March.
Unlike its Manila counterpart which is housed separately from the Mall of Asia, SMX Davao is conveniently located within the same building of SM Lanang Premier Mall. This sister facility of SMX Convention Center Manila is the first SMX-branded entity outside the capital city. SMX Convention Specialist Corporation runs both operations as well as the Trade Halls in SM Megamall Mandaluyong City and Cebu City.
SMX Davao is 2.5 kilometers from the Davao International Airport and 4-6 kilometers away from the domestic and international seaports. In addition, SM Lanang Premier also has a public transport terminal for the convenience of guests and shopping public. The area is within close proximity to several hotels and boutique inns, business and residential areas, and tourist destinations.
Location: 3rd Level, SM Lanang Premier, JP Laurel Ave. Bajada, Davao City
Gross Floor Area: 7,835 sqm
Total Leasable Area: 5,240 sqm
Meeting Rooms: 5 meeting rooms ranging from 50 to 340 sqm
- 4,746 sqm divisible into 3 fully-carpeted rooms with vertical clearance of 6 meters
- 1 designated kitchen for each function room
- Male and female restroom for VIPs per room
- Passenger lifts (2 units)
- Freight elevator (2 units with load capacity of 1,500 kg, car size 2.1 m x 2.5 m)
- Car lift (1 lift with load capacity of 4,000 kg)
- 853 slots at covered parking
- 641 slots at open parking
- Food and beverage
- Partner hotels
- Audio-visual and lights and sound supplier
- Booth and design contractors